Thursday, June 23, 2011

30 Day Song Challenge day 04 - a song that makes you sad

I can't really think of a song that makes me sad. When i listen to music the last emotion i want to feel is sadness so i don't think i listen to music that does that. I'm aware that i could just do an easy out and say Simple Plan or The Christmas Shoes BUT...neither of those are my sad songs. Nope. My sad song is a song that literally made me cry every time i heard it as a young lad:


The Melody Within

Now why did this song make me cry?

Well if you have never seen the 1993 movie Rigolleto then you are missing out...well not really but sorta. Is a off shoot of beauty and the beast/ phantom of the opera. Bonnie(the chica doing the singing) has been trained by the big bad "monster" Ribaldi. Over the movie you find out he is actually kind hearted/loving. Bonnie leaves to go and perform this song at the national competition. While she is away the villagers storm Ribaldi's mansion and...


SPOILER ALERT

They kill him.


It still makes me sad actually :(

No comments: