Monday, June 20, 2011

30 Day Song Challenge, Day 01 - Your Favorite Song

So my friend Sean is doing this and I need to blog more. I figured it couldn't hurt to try it as well. We start off with a hard question. What is my favorite song? I feel like that is such a vague question, similar to asking what my favorite ingredient in food is(flour...no wait salt...no wait...um mm milk...dang it!). I preface this to say that this song is currently the most played song on this iteration of my itunes install.

But first...the criteria. Any song I like must have solid vocals. I really don't like wimpy vocalist who are soft and quite. I also like my lead singer to have good enunciation(which means screamers are out).

My favorite song currently is: Believe - The Letter Black

First lets look at the song musically. I'm a huge fan of strings in music(see my love of RED). Sarah Anthony has a great voice similar to an Amy Lee and Lacey Sturm. However, she also gets to play off the great voice of her husband Marc.

Lyrically this song is simple yet profound

"I'm not afraid anymore
Of what I don''t know
Believe (I put my faith)
In the unknown
Believe (I put my my hope)
In God alone
Have faith in what you don't know "


Its simple and beautiful and reminds me a lot of Never Alone by BarlowGirl(which is probably top 3 songs I've listened to the most EVER.

No comments: