Friday, December 3, 2010

Holy Snap Batman, its a BlogPost

It would make sense that the blog after i brag about my successful attempts of maintaining a fluid blogging style that i don't blog for a while. I wish i could complain about the hecticness of life or something similar to that...but i really can't. Its been more for a lack of ideas. However, do not fear! I have a blog post today!

Recently I've been listening to the song Dear X, You don't own me by Disciple scene bellow:



I really like the message behind this song, especially after listening to KevinYoung explain it. Basically the song talks about how at points in our life we become a slave to something, whether that be anger, gossip, self destructing thoughts. We are OWNED by these thoughts/feelings. The define us and pull us away from the love of the Father.

However, the Bible teaches us that we can overcome through the power of Christ. As we grow closer to our God it is great to cry out to these past owners that we have been freed by the greatest liberator: "Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new" (2 Corinthians 5:17).

this song becomes a rallying cry for that newfound(or sometime refound) freedom stating simply
"I have found a new love and you can't have me"

No comments: