Tuesday, August 16, 2011

belonging

For about the past month i've been slowly getting more and more depressed. I think a lot of it has to do with my friends moving away. In the past 3 months, 3 friends of mine have moved from HR to NoVA. I know we can all sing "friends are friends forever" but its just not the same. The thing is that I as a person desire friendships. I desire to be around people and laughing. Laughing is good.

So times like these when friends move away...i find myself feeling alone...i'm not close with my family...so i cant turn there. Where do you go to meet people that can become your friends? is there a place for that? lol

Anywho...the point is that I dont know what to do... A part of me says that God will provide at just the right time...but a part of me doubts(because i am an idiot) .

Lord, I don't know where all this is going
Or how it all works out
Lead me to peace that is past understanding
A peace beyond all doubt

1 comment:

AceG said...

Good post.

I can relate. about a year and a half ago our contract in DC ended, and with it my time in Nova.

I was there for about 5 years and God used some people to change my life forever. When that time was over, my initial reaction was "what I can do to prevent this from happening?" I would have stayed there if I was able...

God loves to drag us out of our comfort zone I feel, and always for good reason...A reason more easily seen usually much after the fact.

Prayin for you man; Looking forward to diving into provers some more with you!